I'm at the start of my monthly visitor cycle. This manifests itself in many ways, and today it is taking the form of general crankpantsness. Generally, what happens is it's like scratching a sore place which, on normal days, is a mild irritant but today feels like a gaping wound inflicted by that monster from "Cloverfield."
Things that are annoying me today:
1) People who don't respond to emails in a timely manner. (Work)
1a) People who write back "Sure!" to a "Thank you!" email. Stop it now.
2) People who don't call back in a timely manner. (Work)
3) My Google Calendar, which neglected to alert me about a work-related birthday, meaning I didn't make cupcakes.
4) Loud people near my desk talking incessantly. And, did I say, loudly.
5) Copy editors who take it upon themselves to rewrite an article rather than just copy-editing it.
6) The smell of french fries coming over from a nearby desk.
7) Having to use my headphones to transcribe an interview because the company is too cheap to let me buy a decent pair through Staples, so I have to spend time buying my own and getting reimbursed.
8) Not getting reimbursed for a trip I'm making to Austin in March. Yet.
9) Knowing I need a Motrin and trying to put it off as long as possible because They're Killing My Liver, say the doctors. My Motrin are 800 mg each. I have powerful crampys. (And a substitute the gyn gave me was useless.)
10) People who interrupt when I'm clearly in the middle of writing something. Like a blog entry.
11) A cell phone that rang and played polka for 30 seconds.
12) Surly publicists who aren't getting me the interviews I asked for.
13) Having to go to the post office to send off Ebay shit.
14) Incompetent boobery from the art department.
15) People who leave the sinks running in the bathroom. (Work) Who the hell thinks that's okay?
15a) People who leave their toilet seat/bowl messy in the bathroom. (Work) Were they raised in a barn?
16) I'll think of something else later. Don't worry about that.
Can I go home yet?