In honor of our 9-days-and-counting to either being fully funded or fully irritated that we weren’t fully funded for our speculative fiction, alternate universe book of Beatles short stories, Across the Universe, I have decided to spotlight one of our already-committed authors each day. All of our authors should be committed, but one at a time, please.
Meanwhile, here’s our Kickstarter link! Back us now, before you miss out!
Or, 9 Things About Spider Robinson, Some of Which Are Fabrications
- Spider Robinson is an author.
- He is amazing.
- Some people actually start humming The Amazing Spider-Man theme as soon as they hear his name. But this is not his correct theme song. He has chosen it, but is not telling anyone what it is.
- Spider Robinson has contributed a “what if” story that will appear in Across the Universe about John Lennon being brought back from the dead by his pal. It is hilariously and poignantly called “Rubber Soul.”
- This story is also very touching and has a ton of Easter eggs for Beatles fans, of which Spider is one.
- Spider is a terrific musician and shared a version of himself singing an “Eleanor Rigby” parody with me. No, you may not hear it. It is for me alone. Me and maybe a few other hundred people. Spider is a rock star.
- He has three Hugo Awards, one Nebula Award, one John W. Campbell Award, one Robert A. Heinlen award and one Forrest J. Ackerman Award. He has no Grammys, Oscars or Tonys, so he can’t be an EGOT. Instead, he can be a HNJWCRAHFJA, which is the sound that summons Cthulhu if pronounced correctly, so I don’t recommend it.
- He despises whoopie pies. I have this on good authority.
- He is my favorite author that I am writing about today, and I hope he finds a way to overcome his obsession with Riverdance.
Convinced? Back us now and find out just how awesome this anthology is gonna be. Plus, you get a book out of it!